So, I was dabbling in my notebook during my audio visual class. Had nothing to do so I did a complete 25-man roster for our Atlanta Braves. Let's see our lineup.
LF - Martin Prado
CF - Nate McLouth
3B - Chipper Jones
C - Brian McCann
2B - Dan Uggla
RF - Jason Heyward
SS - Alex Gonzalez
1B - Freddie Freeman
Our pitching rotation would look like this..
P - Tim Hudson
P - Derek Lowe
P - Tommy Hanson
P - Jair Jurrjens
P - Mike Minor
I have Mike Minor winning the fifth spot, beating Rodrigo Lopez and Brandon Beachy. I had Beachy winning the spot before Spring Training but Minor has pitch wonderfully. Don't get me wrong, both Lopez and Beachy pitched above-average, but Minor edged out from the race, plus he's a lefty. Overall, this rotation looks beast.
Our bullpen was quite successful in '10, one of the best bullpens I've seen from the Braves in years. Yes, remember the years of Wickman, Retisma, and Kolb? *taps table three times*. Well anyways, here's the bullpen.
RP - Craig Kimbrel
RP - Jonny Venters
RP - Scott Linebrink
RP - George Sherrill
RP - Peter Moylan
RP - Eric O'Flaherty
RP - Scott Proctor
I have Proctor beating out the likes of Cristhian Martinez, Juan Abreu, and Luis Val - wait, Jairo Asencio. I thought also at the beginning of Spring Training that Proctor was going to win the last avaiable spot in the 'pen on a silver platter. But Proctor really has impressed me. By the way, I miss Billy Wags. ): Medlen will come back in August or September to the bullpen, so can't wait for that.
And our bench, our sweet bench. Did so many things for us last year.
C - David Ross
IF/OF - Eric Hinske
OF - Matt Young
IF - Diory Hernandez
IF/OF - Ed Lucas
I had Wilkin Ramirez winning a spot on the bench on what he's doing in ST, but while I was on the train, I literally said, "FREE MATT YOUNG". Yes, I added Matty Y to the bench. (I miss Matty D.) Wilkin Ramirez and Jose Constanza really did stand out to me. (Weird that I didn't mention Conrad and Mather in this section, well, until now.)
I only had five minutes 'till the period ended, so my predictions are..
- Heyward hitting around .290 with 26 HRs and 91 RBIs.
- C. Jones hitting around .275 with 21 HRs and 85 RBIs in 143 games.
- Uggla hitting around .260 with 38 HRs and 109 RBIs.
- McCann hitting around .280 with 29 HRs and 100 RBIs.
- "Pittsburgh" Nate McLouth hitting around .280 with 19 HRs and 88 RBIs with 27 steals.
- Prado hitting around .310 with 17 HRs and 78 RBIs, will lead team in hits.
- Gonzalez hitting around .265 with 20 HRs and 81 RBIs.
- And Freddie Freeman.. will hit around .290 with 16 HRs and 77 RBIs with 32 doubles.
As for the bench..
- Ross and Hinske with the same or slight better numbers than last year.
- Lucas providing hits when we need them most, I said hitting around .270 with 7 HRs with 34 RBIs.
- Hernandez providing backup to Gonzalez, I said around hitting around .250 with 4 HRs with 19 RBIs
- Matt Y will be great, hitting around .300 with 3 HRs, around 80-90 hits, will be the primary pinch runner, getting 20 steals.
To our pitching rotation..
- Tim Hudson goes 18-9 with a 3.35 ERA, striking out 143 in 232 innings.
- Derek Lowe goes 17-11 with a 3.78 ERA, striking out 149 in 216 innings.
- Tommy Hanson goes 14-8 with a 3.40 ERA, striking out 178 in 209 innings.
- Jair Jurrjens goes 14-10 with a 3.29 ERA, striking out 147 in 211 innings.
- Mike Minor goes 12-8 with a 3.56 ERA, striking out 96 in 103 innings.
And lastly, our 'pen..
- Venters and Kimbrel with sub-2.25 ERAs, with Jonny earning 10+ saves and "Blitzcraig" earning 30+ saves.
- Linebrink, Sherrill, and Moylan with ERAs around 3. Will do great in getting out of situations.
- O'Flaherty will do awesome as our left-handed specialist, I said around 2.30-2.45 ERA
- Proctor, I said he'll flip-flop back and forth to Gwinnett and Atlanta, my opinion, but he'll be good. 3.20 ERA tops.
Well, if you took the time in reading this, thanks a lot.
Oh yeah, Braves goes 94-68, winning the Wild Card! I'm only thinking playoffs right now and when we get there, we'll talk World Series!