Come on everyone, yeah we just blew one to the Natinals and we're all pissed but we still are in the playoffs if the seson ends today! So cheer up it is far from over!
It's a slow day and there have been few posts in the last couple days so I thought I'd bring some life and a fun thread here
Who are the most Overrated Players in the MLB?
1. Carlos Gonzalez(and it isn't even close)- People are calling this guy a top MLB player, but he isn't close to it. He is currently batting .341 with a .377 OBP, he has 32 HRs and 106 RBIs(And I don't feel like getting into complicated stats). BUT he is batting .390 with a .437 OBP, 24 HRs and 70 RBIs in the launching pad of Coor Field. Compared to .288 with a .310 OBP and 8 HRs and 36 RBIs away! Those are rediculously favorited to Coors. If he played in Atlanta he'd bat around .300 with a .340 OBP, with 15 HRs and 75 RBIs a year, which are real nice numbers but not nearly as good as his Coors numbers, THIS GUY IS WAY OVERRATED!
By the Way: None of the explainations will be nearly as long as CarGo
2. Derek Jeter- The guy consistantly bats .310 with 15 HRs and 80 RBIs(again I don't feel like getting into advance stats), yet is considered a top MLB player?
3. Orlando Hudson- Average defender and avaerage offensive player. Some believe he is a top defender but his career UZR/150 of .4 says other wise. Hudson isn't a very good defender, doesn't have a great bat, and isn't extremely fast
4. Mark DeRosa- Never been a fan of him even though he just got a huge contract
5. Matt Garza- People think this guy is awesome but when I watch him pitch I think otherwise
Who are your most overrated players?