Sorry this is up late everyone. My internet was down until this morning.
Norfolk 4, Gwinnett 2
- N. McLouth 1-1 2B, .242 Avg
- M. Young 1-4 SB(20), .289 Avg
- F. Freeman 0-3 BB, K, .308 Avg
- K. Kawakami 4IP 2H 2R 1BB 3K
Gwinnett did apparently didn't want to win this game committing 5 errors throughout the contest leading to 3 unearned runs. Nate McLouth left the game in the 3rd inning and I have no idea why. Maybe he was traded to the Phillies to bring them down from the inside.
Mississippi - Off
Myrtle Beach 3, Lynchburg 5
- C. Miles 2-5 2K, .251 Avg
- C. Harrilchak 2-4 BB, .275 Avg
- G. Rodriguez 2-4 2B, 3B, 2 RBI, K, .252 Avg
- Mi. Jones 2-5 2B, RBI, K, .285 Avg
- Z. Spruill 7IP 8H 5R 3BB 3K 4.72 ERA
Gerry Rodriguez only knows how to get XBH. On the season he has 65 hits, 29 of which have gone for extra bases. Since August 12 he has 9 hits. Six of those have been for extra bases. I have always liked how he hits the ball, but he just doesn't make enough contact (91 K in 258 AB) to portend future success at higher levels.
Rome 0, Charleston 9
- P. Gosselin 2-4 BB, .315 Avg
- T. Cunningham 3-4 .274 Avg
- C. Bethancourt 2-4 K, CS(2), .250 Avg
- J. Terdoslavich 2-3 BB, .571 Avg
- R. Lopez 2.1IP 3H 2R 3BB 2K 4.37 ERA
The Braves got someone on base in every inning except for the 9th and still couldn't get any runs across. They didn't collect any XBH and struck out a grand total of 14 times. Joey Terdoslavich (please no references to J-Terd, it is a little annoying) had his second multi-hit game in as many contests in Rome. Phil Gosselin continues to collect hits like coke cans in a homeless person's shopping cart.
Danville 8, Burlington 2
- A. Simmons 2-4 HR(2), 2 RBI, BB, SB(14), .246 Avg
- E. Reyes 3-5 2 2B, K, .301 Avg
- B. Kleinknecht 3-5 RBI, .306 Avg
- J. Mowry 3-4 2B, HR(2), 2 RBI, .223 Avg
This game had a pretty long rain delay after the 2nd inning but it didn't slow down the offense as they added 4 more runs late in the game. Elmer Reyes has been on fire lately batting .395 in his last 10 and 9 XBH in that span (7 of those in the last 5 games). I've been on Reyes' bandwagon for a few weeks now and I am really interested to see what we have in him. He is flashing excellent power for his position thus far and is age appropriate for the league. More middle infield prospects! Sweet!
GCL Braves 6, GCL Yankees 11
- K. Fleming 3-5 HR(2), SB(5), .250 Avg
Eduardo Castillo got tagged for 6 runs in just under 2 innings of work and the only hitter that picked up an XBH or multiple hits was Fleming up there. Castillo was pretty awesome in the DSL but has been knocked around in a couple of his starts for the GCL.
DSL Braves - Off