So I have been a Braves fan for as long as I can remember. I was born and raised in Queens, NY (15 min away from Shea and with an older brother who loves and remembers '86) but it was always TBS and 'The Chop' for me.
I have never gotten a chance to get down to Atlanta before, never had a chance to see the Braves play at the Ted (or Fulton County Stadium) before. Since it seems that this season might be the last for a couple of the best Braves ever (both Bobby and Chipper) and the J-Hey Kid is here, I want to get down to see some games.
I am here asking tips, tricks and general advice on making this trip more awesome than awesome.
A friend of mine and I have picked the last homestand of the season to go down Oct 1-3 against the Phillies which should be great. We want to go to the whole series, from start to finish and enjoy the games and nightlife, the food and the city.
- Where should we stay? (I figure close(r) to the Ted would be best?) or Buckhead?
- Where should we buy tickets from? --- (Stubhub vs. Braves site)
- Where do you recommend sitting?
- Places to go eat the good down home, ATL style
- Where to go out? (Someone told me about Buckhead)
- Things to do during the days (aside from the games)
- Will we need to rent a car?
Both 25 years old, so no need for the fanciest shiz, but want to have a great time.
Thanks a lot for your help. Go Braves!