Pawtucket 6, Gwinnett 7
- M. Young 4-5 2B, 2 SB(4), .272
- W. Timmons 3-4 2 RBI, .273
- B. Canizares 2-3 2B, RBI, 2BB, .275
- M. Jones 1-4 HR(4), BB, 2K, .253
This was a wild game. Gwinnett went into the 9th down by 2 runs. A series of singles, a SB and a walk off walk gave them 3 runs and the win. Mitch Jones has homered in 3 straight games and it appears guys all through the Braves system are starting to turn the power on. Freddie Freeman had just one hit but it kept the 9th inning alive and led to the Braves win.
Mississippi 6, Jacksonville 4
- D. Linares 1-2 2 BB, .253
- C. Johnson 1-3 HR(5), 3 RBI, BB, 2K, .240
- L. Hyde 1.1IP 1H 0R 0BB 2K 1.29
- M. Stanton 2-4 HR(11), BB, 2K, .346
Mississippi is doing their best to slow down the red hot Jacksonville team. Cody Johnson has homered in 3 of his last 4 games and has seen his OPS push up over the .700 mark on the season. Donell Linares came into the game having 0 walks this season and he promptly took 2 free passes. The bullpen trio of Lee Hyde, Brandon Beachy and Thomas Palica pitched 4 scoreless innings with 7 K to shut the door on the Suns for good.
Frederick 7, Myrtle Beach 3 - 15 Innings
- G. Rodriguez 0-7 6K, .256
- G. Avila 2-6 HR(5), BB, 2K, .318
- S. Moody 3-5 2B, 2 RBI, BB, .256
Wow I don't know if I have ever seen a 6 K game, even in extra innings. For a second I thought we were going to see the second straight Organizational Sweep with two walk off wins in one night to pull it off. But alas it was not to be. Gerardo Avila has homered 3 times in his last 4 games and he Cody Johnson and Mitch Jones have all homered on the same night twice this week.
Rome 6, Greensboro 2
- K. Rose 2-5 SB(9), CS(12), .354
- M. Jones 2-5 2B, HR(2), 2 RBI, K, .141
- C. Harrilchak 1-3 3B, 2 RBI, 2BB, K, .256
- A. Vizcaino 6IP 5H 2R 0BB 10K 4.15
Arodys Vizcaino came out dealing in this game and pretty much shut the Grasshoppers down for 6 innings as he pitched what was easily his best game of the season. One thing to keep an eye on with Vizcaino going forward is he has been incredibly vulnerable to lefty handed hitters, giving up 9 of his 11 runs on the season coming in and allowing a .391 BAA vs just .260 for righties. I hope something has clicked for Mycal Jones. Coming into yesterday's game he had just 2 XBH on the season. He has 3 since then. I am sure we all know Kyle Rose has been getting caught stealing a lot lately but I believe about half of those have come off of pick offs rather than just getting caught at second. I'll look into this more later.