Gwinnett 2, Pawtucket 3
- M. Jones 3-4 3 2B, .269 Avg
- R. Reynoso 6IP 9H 3R 1BB 1K 5.09ERA
- S. Marek 2IP 0H 0R 0BB 0K 3.86ERA
After a slow April Mitch Jones has turned on his 'awesome' switch and has put up an 1.100 OPS this month and has almost as many XBH in 29 AB as he did in 80 AB last month. Nice. Maybe we should put him in LF (if Hinske dies or something). Ryne Reynoso had probably his best start of the season and it wasn't enough and he fell to 0-5 on the season. I am also happy to see that Stephen Marek bounced back from his rough first outing though I'd like to see some Ks from him.
Mississippi 11, Charlotte 5
- J. Schafer 1-4 2 RBI, 2BB, .333 Avg
- C. Rodriguez 3-4 3B, 4 RBI, .230 Avg
- M. Gomez 3-4 BB, K, .218 Avg
- C. Johnson 2-4 HR(8), 4 RBI, BB, 2K, .259 Avg
- S. Diamond 6IP 8H 4R 1BB 8K 5.06Avg
The Braves were getting 4 hit going into the 8th inning and then something clicked and they scored all 11 runs in the 8th and 9th inning. Scott Diamond actually had another solid game and apparently found his strike out pitch under his pillow some time last week as he has a 19/1 K/BB rate in the last 14 innings. Willie Cabrera left the game in the 3rd inning after getting hit by a pitch and was replaced by Concepcion Rodriguez. I'll pass along any details once I get them.
Kinston 10, Myrtle Beach 0
This game was so bad across the board that no one deserves to be mentioned in the recap. The offense was 3 hit and only Van Pope didn't give up a run (in just 2/3 of an inning).
Rome 2, Savannah 6
- C. Harrilchak 1-3 2K, .250 Avg
- M. Jones 1-3 RBI, CS(1), .186 Avg
- A. Vizcaino 4.2IP 10H 6R 0BB 1K 4.54ERA
Arodys Vizcaino did not show up with his A game tonight (though the defense didn't help either making 3 errors behind him) and the offense didn't help him at all. Cory Harrilchak also was demoted back to Rome after spending a few games filling in at Myrtle Beach.