Here's a look at the major stories in the world of the Atlanta Braves for the week ending on April 4th:
- The Braves released several more minor league players.
- The Braves released and the Mets claimed relief pitcher Manny Acosta.
- Brian McCann makes a cameo on the cover of Sports Illustrated (Talking Chop got an exclusive first look).
- The Braves declined to take back pitcher Edgar Osuna, who had been taken in the Rule-5 draft by the Royals, but did not make their opening day roster.
- Former Braves second baseman Marcus Giles did not have a good week.
- Conrad, Chavez, and Reyes won the final spots on the Braves opening day roster.
- Frank Wren let it slip that Craig Kimbrel would begin the season in the minors.
- We at Talking Chop began a series of community projections, for the infielders, outfielders, starting pitchers, and relief pitchers.
- Mental Floss told us the origin of the names of all 30 Major League teams, including the Braves.