FanPost

Your thoughts? Wait for Peavy till winter meetings?

Below are my thoughts on how we should handle the Peavy situation.

 

If the Padres do not commit to a deal by noon tomorrow we should look at free agency as if Peavy was not on the table.  We should immediately obtain the highest quality pitcher we can get ASAP.  

We should pursue Dempster, Lowe, Burnett, and Sheets, in that order.  We should try to sign Dempster to drive up the price for the Cubs in acquiring Peavy. 

The Cubs could either A) mortgage the farm for Peavy or B) Aggressively pursue the remaining pitching free agents instead of waiting for peavy.  If they get agressive with free agents we should try to close on Peavy quickly and without adding players.  If they don't bite then move on.

 

 

 

This FanPost does not express the views or opinions of Talking Chop.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Talking Chop

You must be a member of Talking Chop to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Talking Chop. You should read them.

Join Talking Chop

You must be a member of Talking Chop to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Talking Chop. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9351_tracker