on tonight's game and telecast. Normally I like to write things in an organized, chronological order, but I feel sort of random tonight...
- Could Andruw possibly look or act more disinterested? If he cares at all about how much he is sucking, he certainly is covering it up well, which seems like a stupid thing to do. Maybe it's time for Smoltz to get in his business, like he did with Chipper. Or Bobby could just bench him ... what a concept.
- Does Jon Miller ever, ever, stop talking? Does Joe Morgan ever say anything insightful or funny? And why do we have to have multiple camera shots of those two in the booth. It's bad enough listening to them, please don't make me look at them, too.
- ESPN had their usual stellar production values, i.e. completely missing a run scoring play for the Braves.
- Give Andruw an A+ for dental hygiene. He doesn't just floss after every meal, but after every inning also!
- The mama in me just wanted to hug poor Frenchy after his wild throw and strike out. Did ESPN have to show it over and over, after not even giving us a replay of his 1st put out at the plate?
and finally, what's up with that call on the double play. When have they ever called it that close (touching the bag)? And Joe "I Used To Play Second Base for the BIG RED MACHINE" Morgan just says, "looks like the ump made the right call". He knew Atlanta got screwed, why not have some integrity and say it. Gee whiz....